The new German Consumer Dispute Resolution Act (VSBG) raises numerous application problems of the model declaratory action in consulting practice.
This second edition of the HK-VSBG
- provides a comprehensive review of the new case law,
- discusses the current new regulation of the Universal Conciliation Board, which, as a fallback institution, now also covers conciliation following a ruling or settlement in the sample determination procedure pursuant to Sections 606 et seq. ZPO,
- deals with the newly included mandatory grounds for refusal in § 14 CDBG, and
- provides custom-fit samples and explanations.
Lawyers, courts, consumer organisations and businesses, as well as consumer dispute resolution bodies receive tailored answers to urgent questions:
- Which contracts are included, who can establish private dispute resolution bodies and how?
- What are the rules of procedure, what are the procedural rules (taking of evidence, hearing, suspension of the statute of limitations, etc.), how can proceedings be rejected?
- What specific formulations (duration of proceedings, costs) should be included in the conciliation proposal?
Link to publication