Four years ago, the "National Programme for Sustainable Consumption" (NPNK) was adopted by the German government. In this way, the federal government shows how sustainable consumption is to be promoted in Germany. As part of this programme, the Competence Centre for Sustainable Consumption (KNK) was installed at the Federal Environment Agency (UBA) in March 2017. The KNK plays a key role in supporting the implementation of the National Programme for Sustainable Consumption by taking on organisational and scientific activities as well as public relations work for sustainable consumption and programme implementation.
The present project aims to strengthen and advance the work of the KNK at three different service levels in the best possible way and thus make an important contribution to the promotion of sustainable consumption in Germany.
- Firstly, the aim is to develop a concept for the strategic development of the KNK.
- Secondly, the KNK is to be supported organizationally and operationally in its work as NPNK coordinating institution.
- Thirdly, the work of the KNK is to be supported in technical terms by highlighting existing research gaps in the field of sustainable consumption.
To this end, the project will be implemented in five work packages:
- Work package 1: Strategic development KNK
- Work package 2: Scientific support and ongoing supervision
- Work package 3: Further development and ongoing maintenance of the website
- Work package 4: Coordination of the scientific service
- Work package 5: National conference
ConPolicy is responsible in particular for the preparation of the strategic concept (WP 1) and support in the implementation of the conference (WP 5).